24 November 2011
My list should have numbered 100 but sometimes I make an oops when I copy and paste. Laughing at myself again...Have a great Thanksgiving!
72. My aunt Loretta and the love she shared with my Uncle Henry.
73. Remembering my Mom’s passion for life.
74. The hill country in Texas
75. Roller coasters
76. That God gave me lots of patience…
77. Kris needing me to fix the pie crust and make it pretty!
79. People that volunteer to help others.
80. Foster dog failures that were meant to be
81. Bird of Paradise Yankee Candles
82. My 2 vacuum cleaners
83. Good steak on the grill
85. Big orange harvest moons
86. Winnie the Pooh
87. Dr. Seuss
88. People that remind me of Eeyore
89. Old lesbians
90. Not being afraid of life
91. Really cool shoes
93. The way Kris cooks ham when I am craving it.
94. Borden’s egg-nog
95. Hot dogs over a wood fire on Friday nights
96. Road trips with Kathy and Kaylyn
97. Sitting in the truck head banging to Devo’s Whip It song with them
98. Visiting with good friends
99. The knowledge that there is so much more than just this list that I am thankful for
100. Adam Sandler’s The Thanksgiving Song
23 November 2011
1. That no matter how I slept the previous night, I woke up to participate in another day.
2. That there are people that love me for all my pros and cons.
3. That my wife loves me more and more every day
4. I have sweet beautiful 4-legged creatures that share our home with us.
5. There is food in the fridge and pantry.
6. There is food to feed the 4-legged’s.
7. I can type all this into a Word document instead of having to handwrite this.
8. After working out this last semester in PE classes, my arms are getting firmer and my thighs have lost their dimples.
9. That I have wonderful memories of a Grandmother that loved my sisters and I very much.
10. That Dad and I have repaired our relationship that was so broken.
11. Happy that I repaired my broken self-image that occurred from poor decision-making.
12. That I finally learned to forgive myself first so I could forgive others.
13. That I learned to not feel guilty for being unable to help those that won’t help themselves.
14. Icy cold root beer
15. That I am able to cook and bake whatever I want.
16. That I’m able to laugh at recipes that don’t work out so well.
17. To be able to laugh at myself.
18. To find joy in most everything.
19. My garden.
20. Home-grown tomatoes and the song about them that I sang to my Dad for his birthday one year.
21. The fact that he doesn’t think (or at least show it) that sometimes I am just plain goofy.
22. That Kris tells me this is one of the reasons she loves me so much.
23. That I like myself.
24. That I love my life.
25. Kris’s sweet smile.
26. That I make her laugh.
27. Music and how when I dance around the house and sing, Roux gets excited and dances (doggie style) with me.
28. How no one that really loves me cares when I sing off-key.
31. Good grades
32. Algebra. Need to explain that one. The fact that I can enjoy the challenge and not get so frustrated that I give up.
33. My classmates- even the young ones that have no idea what life can throw out at you.
34. That no matter what you think you’ve experienced, there is always something that you have yet to learn.
35. Buc-ee’s Icee’s (Coke mixed with cherry)
36. Homemade bread from my sourdough starter.
37. The neighbors and family that never tire of me taking them bread.
38. My health.
40. Nieces and nephews
41. My crazy dog friends that do rescue.
42. Hard cider.
43. Gulf Coast shrimp.
44. The beach and the sound of the ocean.
45. Cooking with Valerie and Kris for the holidays.
46. See’s Candy (especially the caramel marshmallow thingies)
47. Spending time in New Orleans
48. Good advice from Ellie
49. Jeans that fit well
50. Getting to know Marie before she died
51. Lobster in Maine
52. 17 years of Memorial Day weekend with good friends.
53. A clean house
54. And a really big bathtub to take long relaxing baths in.
56. The cows in the fields on my way to school (they are so pretty)
57. Scary movies
59. Peppermint ice cream
60. Friday mornings with Kris
61. El Toro (best Tex-Mex ever)
62. Lindy’s accordion playing ability
63. The fact that the woman can play anything on it too.
65. Cooler weather
66. Reading a good book
68. Curly headed Airedales
69. People that smile back at you when you are driving down the road.
70. All the birds that migrate through our area.
71. A really good Vet (Dr. Kivney)