02 March 2009

Cheeseburgers Please!



Okay. So I finally got the grill back in working condition and made burgers. this has been the longest we've gone without our burger fix in a long time. Kris and I are similar to the character Wimpy from Popeye the Sailor Man's story. "We'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!" We moved in last week and had an empty bottle of propane. Aaaggh. Not a good thing. Hunted and hunted for a supplier on Saturday morning. I learned that this neighborhood does not sell it so you have to travel a bit to to refuel. I will keep an extra bottle on hand for sure. I made the infamous and much needed, delightfully delicious burger a la Karen and forgot to document the affair. So, I made more burgers today for my lunch and to take tomorrow for Kris's lunch. The 4-legged crew known as Bentley, Walter and Bridgette watched and supervised and taste tested the baby swiss that was to be melted on top! When I was finished eating my burger brunch, I shared a tasty morsel with each of my crew. Jax even showed up for a little snack!

4 comments:

  1. Dad takes us to the Glenwood all the time and they have the best burgers ever and sometimes our mom shares with us and sometimes she's a pig and is selfish!
    You are lucky, Bentley! Burgers are yummy!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Bentley saved me one for lunch today! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bentley we are very pleased you had a few morsels. These hoomans sure can be mean sometimes when it comes to sharing!

    Molly and Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grills are a wonderful invention for dogs.

    Alanis

    More house photos, please! Looks like a really nice place.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete