04 August 2010

Exploring New England....

Alas- we're back. I loved every second of New England and the weather rocked. It felt as if the season of Autumn was wafting through the aire. That is- how Autumn feels in Houston! I am sorting through hundreds, no wait that would be thousands of pictures and am trying to decide which ones to share. So baire with me and I will post a few soon. By the way, there were two Airedale sightings in the New England area while we were there. One was at a Hamptons Inn parking lot in Danver/ Peabody and her name is Maggie and she is four. She is the 3rd 'Dale the 2-legged has had the pleasure of  sharing his life with. She head-butted me appropriately and gave me lots of kisses. The 2nd 'Dale was sighted by moi as I was driving down the street to the lobster pound in Southwest Harbor on Mount Desert Isle. Not sure if said 'Dale was a he or a she because the 'Dale went to barking like a maniac when I slowed down to get a picture. Very good 'Dale though- stayed in it's driveway and never once came out of it property line. Didn't see any 2-legged's, so I didn't get the chance to say hello. I must say that the East coast area we toured was extremely dog friendly and made me miss our 4-legged's. Everywhere I looked there were small shops and restaurants that were dog-friendly so I amused my inner dog-self and took lots of photos of the 4-legged's we came across. 

Anyway,  I will be posting photos soon. Hope everyone has a great day! I'm leaving you with a little gem from Kahlil Gibran that I enjoy.....


A traveler am I and a navigator, and every day I discover a new region within my soul. - Kahlil Gibran


Be back soon,
Karen Raye

Sea Wall on Mount Desert Isle in Acadia National Park 

Porcupine Islands viewed from Cadillac Mountain          







View from the room in Southwest Harbor

3 comments:

  1. I wish we could have caught up! Now the heat has rolled back in, so you are not missing out on much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to be heading to the east coast this summer. How was the wedding?! Can hardly wait to see all your photos!!
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRocketDog & Hootie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip.

    Looking forward to more photos.

    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thuglets

    ReplyDelete